Planning Application Update
On 20th June 2018, Irish Water made a strategic infrastructure planning application for the Greater Dublin Drainage project to An Bord Pleanála.
On 25th July, Irish Water notified An Bord Pleanála that it had discovered that a number of supporting appendices to the Environmental Impact Assessment Report were inadvertently omitted from the submitted documentation.
The omitted information comprised a small number of supporting reports on the terrestrial and marine ground investigations and a number of previously published project reports for the site investigations stage of the Regional Biosolids Storage Facility project. Some drawings relating to landfill/quarry sites and road/rail/utilities crossings were also omitted.
The omission of the supporting documents does not impact the findings and conclusions of the Environmental Impact Assessment Report. The data contained within the appendices had already informed the development of the main Environmental Impact Assessment Report.
Additional Statutory Consultation
On 30th August, An Bord Pleanála notified Irish Water that it intends to hold an additional period of statutory consultation for the Greater Dublin Drainage Project. The consultation will take place from Thursday 13th September to Thursday 18th October inclusive.
Irish Water welcomes this direction from An Bord Pleanála and is placing the GDD planning application/EIAR (including the previously omitted appendices) on public display from Thursday 13th September 2018 at the following locations:
- The Offices of An Bord Pleanála, 64 Marlborough Street, Dublin 1
- The Offices of Fingal County Council, County Offices, Grove Road, Blanchardstown, Dublin 15
- The Offices of Fingal County Council, Fingal County Hall, Main Street, Swords, Fingal, Co. Dublin
- The Offices of Dublin City Council, Civic Offices, Wood Quay, Dublin 8
Irish Water will publish public notices in newspapers circulating in the project area next week and site notices will be erected along the route of the proposed project.
Anyone who has made an observation/submission to An Bord Pleanála as part of the previous statutory consultation on the Greater Dublin Drainage project does not need to resubmit their observation/submission. All previous consultation submissions remain valid and will be considered by An Bord Pleanála. Anyone who has previously submitted an observation/submission and would like to make an additional observation/submission may do so directly to An Bord Pleanála at no additional cost.
List of Previously Omitted Information
A list of the omitted documentation is contained below:
The following Appendices were been inadvertently omitted from EIAR Volume 2 Part B:
EIAR Chapter 5 Consideration of Alternatives
- 2E Regional Biosolids Storage Facility – Consultation Report
- 4D Regional Biosolids Storage Facility – Stage 1 Report – Site Selection Methodology
- 4E Regional Biosolids Storage Facility – Stage 2 Report – Identification of Potential Sites
- 4F Regional Biosolids Storage Facility – Stage 3 Report – Identification of Preferred Site
The following Appendices were inadvertently omitted from EIAR Volume 3 Part B:
EIAR Chapter 18 Soils and Geology
- Summary Report on the Bathymetric and Geophysical Data Integration for the GDD Scheme for TechWorks Marine
- Report on the Geophysical Investigation for GDD Scheme, Offshore Portmarnock
- Report on the Geophysical Investigation for GDDP Portmarnock Golf Course, Dublin
- Greater Dublin Drainage Offshore Site Investigation of Outfall Pipeline
- Greater Dublin Drainage Scheme – Sub Bottom Analysis
- Greater Dublin Drainage Scheme – Hydrographic Survey Report GE013_GDD
- Greater Dublin Drainage Scheme Fingal County Council TW/12/PRJ-007
- Greater Dublin Drainage Scheme Preliminary Ground Investigation Contract – Phase 1 Factual Report on Ground Investigation (Report No. 16695)
The following Figures were inadvertently omitted from EIAR Volume 5:
EIAR Chapter 11 Biodiversity (Terrestrial and Freshwater Aquatic)
- Figure 2.1 – Manual Transect Routes from Blanchardstown to Dublin Airport, 2017
- Figure 2.2 – Manual Transect Routes from Dublin Airport to Portmarnock, 2017
EIAR Chapter 20 Waste
- Figure 20.1 Location of Active Landfills in Study Area
EIAR Chapter 21 Material Assets
- Figure 21.1 Gas Transmission Infrastructure – Location of Crossing Points with Proposed Pipeline Routes
- Figure 21.2 Power Transmission Infrastructure – Location of Crossing Points with Proposed Pipeline Routes & Wastewater Treatment Plant Site
- Figure 21.3 Railway Transmission Infrastructure – Location of Crossing Points with Proposed Pipeline Routes
- Figure 21.4 Dublin to Belfast Railway – Proposed Trenchless Crossing
- Figure 21.5 N2 National Road – Proposed Trenchless Crossing Figure 21.6 Collinstown Cross – Proposed Trenchless Crossing
- Figure 21.7 M1 Motorway – Proposed Trenchless Crossing
- Figure 21.8 Water Supply Infrastructure – Crossing Points with Proposed Pipeline Routes
- Figure 21.9 Watercourses – Crossing Points with Proposed Pipeline Routes
- Figure 21.10 Quarry Locations in Greater Dublin Region
Additional CPO Consultation
A further five week period for any objections to the compulsory purchase of lands and rights over land in connection with the Irish Water Compulsory Purchase (Greater Dublin Drainage Project) Order, 2018 and any submissions or observations as to the effects on the environment and/or on European Sites in relation to that project will take place from Wednesday, 12th September 2018 to Wednesday 17th October, 2018 (inclusive). Any objections or submissions may be made in writing to An Bord Pleanála, 64 Marlborough Street, Dublin 1, before 5.30pm on Wednesday 17th October, 2018.
Contact Greater Dublin Drainage
Anyone with questions relating to the GDD project is welcome to contact the project team at: